• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H2O for 8800gt Superclocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wbarnes570

Registered
I could use some help finding a gpu water block for an EVGA 8800gt superclocked. I have looked everywhere and I cant find any that will work with an 8800gt (most of what i find are for the gtx and ultras). Also, what block would be best for an am2 socket (64x2 4400+ for now but will eventually get a phenom)? Some suggested pumps, reservoirs, and radiators would be appreciated. My budget is non-existent right now but im saving towards a decent water cooling setup so the cheaper the better but im willing to spend more for better quality.

Last edited:
I've been very pleased with my Swiftech MCW60 waterblock on my 8800GTS-512 (G92) and load temps running Furmark are very hard to get over 40 C no matter how hard I push the core clocks. But you will need to get a Ramsink kit to go with it. That is the ramsink kit I used and it's very good quality stuff.

I had no problems getting them to stick. I used an industrial solvent/cleaner on mine that is 50:50 xylene and isopropyl alcohol. You could use Arcticlean to to it with.

Back