• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a case recommendation for new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lukee

I am putting together a new rig and need a large case that can house the following

4 HD
2 DvD drives
2 4870 X2

and either a large aftermarket HS or Watercooling setup which will include a triple rad.

I'd like it to have plenty of space and good airflow.

I have an Antec 900 with a dual rad and only 1 HD/1DvD drive 1 vid card and it is cramped.

I'd like a large case with good airflow.

Last edited:
Make that a 120.3 in the top of both the HAF and 840, right out of the box.

Axis

oh, will it take a x3? Even better than what I thought!

Man, I didn't realize the 840 was so expensive. The features are pretty awesome though. I guess it's in line with the pricing on the 830 and cosmos'

Stinks though that these nice features are in the 840 because I really liked the styling on the Cosmos S. But now that I could get the 840's features, I don't think I would buy the Cosmos S instead. :-/

EDIT:
There you have it!

e11943a6031a0e6114ae69c257617980.gif

Indeed, as long as you don't mind the styling of the HAF, that's a good case feature-wise.

I just got the Coolmaster HAF 932 this afternoon. All I can say is WOW.

I can't wait for the MB/CPU to arrive so I can finish putting this puppy together.

Lots of space. I just can't decide if I am going to WC or Air Cool.

I love my CM stacker 810.

Fits my 8800gtx just fine

It has many front bays. I think 11. Six of my bays are being used for two 4-in-3 cages housing 120mm fans. This brings my fan count up to 4 120mm fans
(2 exhaust, 2 intake), one 80mm top exhaust fan, and I added another 80mm pci slot fan which pulls more hot air out of my gpu than the gpu stock cooler does (it is right under my 8800gtx).

If you decide to get it, make sure you get a modular psu. I found cable management to be a bit difficult. I do not have much experience with cases but this one seems nice and big. I cannot find it on newegg anymore though. I think they only sell the one with a psu now.

Last edited:
I have a CM 840 on the way. I do not have an issue paying a premium for a premium product. The little features that the case has sealed the deal for me. The ability to install a 3.120 radiator internally, removable mother board tray on bearing, and especially the cut out access on the back of the mother board tray to switch out blocks with out tearing the entire system down.

I will give a full detailed break down of my impressions, fit and finish, when I get it. I am going with stock air cooling at the start, but I plan on having the system under water by the end of December.

I have a CM 840 on the way. I do not have an issue paying a premium for a premium product. The little features that the case has sealed the deal for me. The ability to install a 3.120 radiator internally, removable mother board tray on bearing, and especially the cut out access on the back of the mother board tray to switch out blocks with out tearing the entire system down.

I will give a full detailed break down of my impressions, fit and finish, when I get it. I am going with stock air cooling at the start, but I plan on having the system under water by the end of December.

Awesome! :) I am jealous! Can't wait to see some pics and a review.

Back