• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone ever use intels warranty?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boorishid

Last night i killed a quad extreme 9850 :(. I wasnt even overclocking. Im not exactly sure what happend. I rebuilt the pc and had it running for about 6 hours or so, then i removed the sound blaster and turned the computer back on and it turned off one me after starting for maybe two seconds. After narrowing parts down im for sure the cpu is what is causing this problem, Ive tried the qx9850 in three diffrent mobos with diffrent psu's same thing everytime.

I wouldnt usually care if i bombed a cpu but this chip costs like a grand so its a bit of a diffrent story this time. So i searched around found out intel has a 3 year warranty. Anyone use it? You theyll replace my cpu or something. Sord of freak accident i must have zapped the sound card or mobo in just the right place that it travled to the cpu and killed it.

Yes, they'll replace it. I had to RMA an x6800 last year, went without a hitch, they replaced it without question :)

BTW, I think you mean either 6850 or 9650 ;)

Back