• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading a 3650HD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipersfate

I currently have an ATI HD 3650 512MB graphics card. I was looking around, and I'm not quite sure what to go with. I play Call of Duty 4, and WoW, that's about it gaming wise, and I was looking for a card that will play CoD4 on Maximum settings at 1440x900 resolution on my 19" widescreen.

The card does play WoW at max, at approx. 25 FPS, but it can dip lower in heavy towns and raids. CoD4 HATES smoke effects. Such as the smoke special grenade, after aircraft bombs, and just normal smoke from smoldering ruins. It lags at the opening screen of the multiplayer portion for a few seconds and then catches up. I wasn't looking to spend more than 100 dollars on a new card though. Anyone have some thoughts?

I just sold off my trusty HD3850 and then used my old standby HD3650 until I figured out what to get. I chose the HD4850 512 and it's really fast. I'd definately recommend the HD4850 for the $$$. Also if you want to skim a few $$$ of the price the HD4830 appears to be a great value for us casual gamers.

I just sold off my trusty HD3850 and then used my old standby HD3650 until I figured out what to get. I chose the HD4850 512 and it's really fast. I'd definately recommend the HD4850 for the $$$. Also if you want to skim a few $$$ of the price the HD4830 appears to be a great value for us casual gamers.

I would definately recommend the 4850. The 512mb version will be plenty for your sreen size. You should be able to find one for around 140 shipped.

I think I may take the 4830 advice. After checking on the prices and reviews, it seems to be the best one for my daily activities, and my girlfriend gets my old card as an upgrades (she was using a 1650)

Thanks guys.

Wise choice. I would've gone with the 4830, but I found a 4850 here in the classies for $100. Can't beat that deal with a stick. Enjoy!

Back