• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot Viper Series any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Corellon

Registered
Trying to get the finishing touches on a I7 system but the big thing holding it back is the memory, There's a real shortage around here and the only one I could reliably get would be the Patriot Viper Series 9-9-9-24 @ 1600. :confused:

I've never dealt with patriot before, I'd actually perfer mushkin but they aren't making their way here for a while it seems :bang head, and corsair is not only unavailable too but a little out of my range :(. OCZ much as I've had issues with it in the past I'd still go with since once I actually get through it's a 15 minute drive and I get my memory replaced :santa:.

Here's the Patriot Viper Series
http://www.patriotmemory.com/products/detailp.jsp?prodline=5&catid=23&prodgroupid=72&id=761&type=1

Any good? or wait till the others get back in stock in the area, any other recommendations? Might be foolish but I do want to keep it to triple channel rather then go dual (Unless there is a really really good dual kit I could find that will run at < 1.6 volts (need some OC headroom)

Back