• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a good SLI board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well go with 780i if you want tri-sli as otherwise get the 750i. depending on how much you have to spend i would get a i7 setup looking at what your coming from.

depending on how much you have to spend i would get a i7 setup looking at what your coming from.

agreed Id rather have the Intel chipset with SLI myself. Evga is releasing /released a SLI capable Intel Chipset board .. if i was you id just take a good look at that setup and maybe ditch the Q6600 honestly.

i had a system sorta picked out over the summer thats why i was going with the q6600. just got ready to buy a new rig now. so i guess i havent seen the info on the i7 so i should research them first before i deecide? how much better do they run then the quads?

Its more the Intel Chipset that sets it apart.

myself and 3 co workers bought Nvidia boards lately and they have almost all had some kind of compatability issues. we had data corruption on 3 of them already. its just never ending guessing games with the nvidia boards tbh.

and seeing you can SLI on the evga version best of both worlds imho.

put it to you this way, in pure number crunching a i7 [email protected] = [email protected]. the i920 is now around $299 should be droping a touch more in the coming weeks/month. going with a i7 setup then the right board will then allow you to choose to use either CF or SLI if you want. if you stick with purly one video card then there are cheaper i7 boards out there yet they only support CF. it is a long story but hey at least we now have the option of geting a Intel based board with SLI certification from NV.

Back