• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4870x2 And WoW Window Mode...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mekks

i bought a 4870x2 hopeing to run two monitors and multibox 5 accounts up togher.

the program i use... runs all 5 wow's in windowmode and places them in the spots you desire (one large on main monitor, and 4x small on 2nd monitor.)

well my problem is.. since its window mode crossfire on the x2 does not kick in so the card stays at 2d clocks and within min the PC locks up.

i edited the stock bios to run 3d clocks/volts 24/7 but it still crashes in window mode... full screen runs fine.

is there a way to run crossfire/3d *****/volts 24/7? and if not does anyone have a idea that might help?

CF doesnt work on window mode.

Even if you could get it to work in wow... you almost get the same framerates using CF or not.

Sorry but you should have done some homework before buying :(

im not tryin to get higher framerates.. im tryin to keep my window mode games from lockin the pc up.

8.11s, i set cat AI to standard and so far im not crashing, will report back.

crap, well its lockin my system up again. grrrrr ANYONE able to play wow in window mode with this card?

I can...but I dont use the 8.11's...trash drivers...

Try using the 8.8's - 8.10 and have the AI slider bar all the way over to the right...noticed doing this makes the card more stable and also cuts the latency down...

Back