• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer restarts randomly =(((

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lSGlNedved

p5q pro + e5200 (nt overclocking yet)
cm hyper 212 cpu cooler
2*1gb kingston ddr800
palit hd 4850
cm elite 333 casing
500W aero horsepower

my system,cpu n either core temperatures ranges from abt 30°C to 50°C when loaded
graphics card is ard 50°C

the problem is that my computer has been rebooting itself randomly.sometimes can stay on for hours, den will jst suddenly reboot. sometimes it doesnt even get past POST

i've disabled the auto reboot function if my windows meets an error and dere's no BSOD

anybody has any idea why my computer is behaving haphazardly?

PS. i built it myself(1st time) and is havin sum multiplugs on an extension

any help appreciated

p5q pro + e5200 (nt overclocking yet)
cm hyper 212 cpu cooler
2*1gb kingston ddr800
palit hd 4850
cm elite 333 casing
500W aero horsepower

my system,cpu n either core temperatures ranges from abt 30°C to 50°C when loaded
graphics card is ard 50°C

the problem is that my computer has been rebooting itself randomly.sometimes can stay on for hours, den will jst suddenly reboot. sometimes it doesnt even get past POST

i've disabled the auto reboot function if my windows meets an error and dere's no BSOD

anybody has any idea why my computer is behaving haphazardly?

PS. i built it myself(1st time) and is havin sum multiplugs on an extension

any help appreciated

ISG,

The first place I would look is your power supply. Do you have a spare you can try? If not, do any of your capacitors look like this:
Bulged, discolored or leaking on the top?

Attachments

• Failed Capacitors.jpg
    Failed Capacitors.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 102
Anyway to test if it's not PSU so i can eliminate it? i can run my computer fine for hours even playing intensive games. the main parts were bought 3days ago only

will take a look at the capacitors when my computer restarts again =/

dere's no spoilt capacitors. i just replugged in my PSU and it still crashes.

will try another graphics card w another PSU

Last edited:
UPDATE!

i changed graphics card/3diff rams/hdd/optical storage drive

p5q pro+e5200
cm hyper 212 cpu cooler
2*1gb kingston ddr800
gforce 7300LE
cm elite 333 casing
230~250W some acer psu borrowed from friend(need to use a 12V end with a longer one to be able to plug into the mobo's power supply socket fully)

firstly is the 2nd configuration's psu able to support?becos my system still reboots at bios/reaching windows etc.

if its able to support den its either the ASUS p5q pro or the e5200 cpu already

although i did mess up the thermal compound e 1st time n redid it.seems ok becos after tt still get temp readings of high 30°C to 50°C when idle/loaded

i'll try to get my hands on pentium D 930 3.0Ghz cpu+stock cooler. does the p5q board support it?

any idea on what may be the cause?

What are your voltages to the ram,cpu, nb, etc., in the bios?
What are your settings for the cpu in the bios?
I don't think I'd try to run that with a 250 watt psu.
Did you run any stress tests on the memory? Like memtest? http://www.memtest.org/

Back