• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bought the heaviest usb hub ever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scoobydoo

bought a usb hub from newegg and it shipped today

this is what the tracking says

Weight 16.00 LBS

not quite sure what i am getting, maybe a usb hub and a few bricks for christmas:)

on a side note, the night i ordered it "free shipping" was listed on it, but i was still charged for shipping. the next day no free shipping was listed on the item

i did a "live chat" with a newegg rep, told them the situation and they promptly said they would "take my word for it" and refund shipping costs

that must be one heck of a usb hub unless they used a shipping box the size of a refrigerator full of peanuts and that new mercury packaging lol

...or they shipped you a scale model of a school bus called the Universally Small Bus.

Maybe they did for you like Buy.com did for me one time and sent you a free computer, Scooby. When I called them about the computer they sent me with my order they told me that they didn't sell that model computer and Merry Christmas.:screwy:

Maybe they did for you like Buy.com did for me one time and sent you a free computer, Scooby. When I called them about the computer they sent me with my order they told me that they didn't sell that model computer and Merry Christmas.:screwy:

that would be nice:)

i will update the thread when i get my 16 pound usb hub

Most likely they used Dim. Weight. This is what UPS, FedEx, etc use to charge for large, lightweight boxes. Basically, a 12X12X12 box will have a dim weight of about 8.9 lbs. If it actually weighs more they will use the actual weight. The formula is:

(Length X Width X Height)/194 All dimensions are in inches. Your box is probably somewhere around 12X16X16.

...or they shipped you a scale model of a school bus called the Universally Small Bus.

Heh, took me a few minutes re-reading that. Thought it was from a movie/show I didn't see.

But that would be funny if they did what happened to muddocktor. Here, were out of hubs, use the usb ports on this computer.

picture.php
?

usb hub built directly into your wall!!

Haha, I need to order more from Buy.com. That would absolutely make my day.

for a USB hub? no need for a box that big.

Newegg's done better than that for me. 16x16x10 box with two sticks of ram and a newegg T shirt (I think the "size" of the t shirt threw their computer off)

Heh, took me a few minutes re-reading that. Thought it was from a movie/show I didn't see.

You're thinking of the short bus ;).

pretty anti climactic...it showed up in a small box weighing about 2 pounds:(

guess they just wanted to get me thinking about what might have been

this happened to you too?

happened to me one christmas from newegg... ordered a computer / wireless network adapter / 19" widescreen LCD

everything showed up in pairs, called newegg and told them "hey we have two computers how do we get the second one back to you" they told us " no you only recieved one " and we were like okay? few eeeks later they charged us for the second set, talked to newegg reps/managers and they all refused to take the computer back.... long story short we canceled the 2nd charge told newegg we would send it back , they said no and we got banned from newegg....

it was my mom's account / name we used to order it .... i'm her son and my name is done ( my dad and i have the same name so his is over with too), i believe they banned our actual address. i'm lucky enough to have a friend who bought it for me, i paid him back of course. but yeh thats how i order from newegg.

i even tried talking to the newegg rep from this forum. nothing happened.

Back