• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Modded Rocketfish

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ric2L

Been playing with my rocketfish i bought from best buy for 49.95 when they were discontinuing them. (would love to get another at that price) should have bought 2.

So heres what all I've done so far:

first I changed the placement of the power supply by putting it on edge, and moving to to the far back corner, made a 92mm fan bracket for an exhaust right beside the power supply. I then compartmentalized the bottom to hold a 3x120 radiator. The hard drive rack will go here also, right behind the origional intake fan. I then cut a second 120mm intake hole just above the origional one to act as an intake for the upper part of the case which eliminated the bottom 5 1/4 drive bay & the two 3 1/2 drive bays. so now I had to make a front cover. I couldent find any black brushed aluminum sheets big enough, so I had to go with plain black anodized aluminum, which means a complete new paint job.

I then cut the top to accept another 3x120 Radiator, cut a window in the side panel and a grill hole for the bottom rad. Made the bottom grill out of a trash can I bought from Walmart.

thats it so far, heres some pics, what do you all think?

Great job! :thup: I've been thinking of modding up mine, but the only holes I made were the 2 in the rear atop the 120mm for my tubing.

Been reluctant to hack it up as I want the option to go back to air if I wish.

Thanks for the compliments guys

I figured for the price why not see what I can do with it and I have my Silverstone TJ09 to put back to air whenever I get the parts to put another system together, I'm hoping i7 with X58 Rampage, wont be till feb or march at the earliest.

I got here from the link in your classified post. I like what you've done to yours. I have one as well, and so I know how much work you've put into it. Nice.

Back