• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Taking a dip back into the pool.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

myndlessdayz

Last time I upgraded anything for cooling was probably about 3 years ago back when the 4400+ x2 was an awesome cpu and the storm was top of the line...

Finally getting a somewhat new build. I need to upgrade a few things.

I'm finally taking the move to an intel system as my current rig is in my sig. Specs as follows:

e3110 (from SpawnFX in classies who I think also got it from Brollocks)
xfx 680i
8800gts (g92)
and everything else is pretty much the same as sig.

I've not kept up with the current trends in watercooling and also in OCing intel systems. so I don't know what stacks up

Mainly the only thing I plan on upgrading is my CPU block which will probably be a Fusion V2 or a GTZ. Not planning on getting a block for the g92 as I don't plan on keeping it too long. And possibly a NB block. This is going to be a temp build for a few months till the i7s (HOPEFULLY) drop in price. I was wondering if I should stick with the BIXII (yah, I've had this thing forever!) and can it cool the CPU and NB?

I have the same exact setup 3110/680i on a BIP2 and it works very well. The pump I believe is a mcp-655. NB block helped a lot with FSB.

Back