• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any all in one mame/emulator box?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uzibear

what i'd like is to buy a computer, which has preinstalled mame, and emulators for everything else, snes, playstation, gamecube etc. etc. all with a usable gui interface.

just to connect to a monitor on output, and whatever my choice of input peripherals.

is there such a thing? i know one can get a large arcade machine, but i'm just looking for basically a console that plays emulators.

if no one is making something like this, i think it would be a very big seller. hardware wouldn't be expensive, and you could put it in your entertainment center like another console.

of course it would have to be the grey market as emulators aren't particularly legal (and i'd envision it having preloaded with every game out there)..........but still.

.........if not, can anyone suggest software for me to build my own mini-PC to run emulators on? good gui?

Fusion is a good Sega emulator. Master system, saturn, genesis, sega CD, game gear, etc

There's places/people that build MAME machines to sell. I thought of doing it myself. To do it legally, they sell the machines ready to go, less roms. I wouldn't do it because if no one's in your area, shipping's expensive obviously.

It depends on what you want. There's nice mame frontends for mame cabs like this one, for instance. As said, roms can't be discussed here but a few good terms to google, "mame frontend", "mame machine", etc. Also, you can buy almost anything online, roms included but it's kind of lame if you have a good connection and decent googling skills. Hook up with the emu or MAME scene and you'll find all you need to know.

Back