• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3d mark 06 and hd3870x2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kendle6661

just got my new sapphire hd 3870x2 yesterday, and installed today, then ran 3dmark 03, everything is great. So I decided to run 3dmark06 :mad:,had artifacts all through the test. Don't know if this is a problem with card or what.....system, phenom [email protected], gigabyte 780g motherboard, 4 gig pc1066 gskill memory, 500 gig WD HD , and antec neopower 650 PSU

any Ideas?

Make sure the fan is running at 100%...those sapphires run extremely hot...

If the fan is not running 100%...believe me you will know its running full speed...then use either CCC or Riva Tuner to setup a fan profile to run at aleast 60% when windows starts up...and 100% on heavy 3d apps (3d 06/Vantage/etc.) (better to do this manually)...

:bang head, now this is really strange,the problem with 3dmark06 is in XP but since I dual boot vista 32 too. I decided to try 3dmark06 in vista ............damn thing ran perfect?????????.........got 12377 in 06..........goin to try and unistall/reinstall 06 see if I've got a corrupted ver in xp

Back