• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Exchange 2007 upgrade tips please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rxtrom

Hello all

I was wondering if any of you have had to do an exchange migration from 2003 to 2007. We will be doing one in the next couple of weeks and I was wondering if you had any significant hangups or what you would do different.

Trying to cover all my bases.

can this be moved to the server part of the forum?

Where would that be? If you are talking about specialized computing...it would never get an answer in there

Sorry but I have only had brief experience with exchange so I really cant say much about migrating.

Hello all

I was wondering if any of you have had to do an exchange migration from 2003 to 2007. We will be doing one in the next couple of weeks and I was wondering if you had any significant hangups or what you would do different.

Trying to cover all my bases.

i am not sure if you have read this or not, but it is a good place to start:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124008.aspx

also, check this out:
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Transitioning-Exchange-2000-2003-Exchange-Server-2007-Part1.html

please note that i have not done an upgrade from 2003 to 2007 yet as i do not have the hardware to handle exchange 2007 in virtual machines but these seems to have valuable information

can this be moved to the server part of the forum?
seems like the correct sub forum to me. this has very much to do with internet, network and security. it could go either way...

Last edited:
Where would that be? If you are talking about specialized computing...it would never get an answer in there

Sorry but I have only had brief experience with exchange so I really cant say much about migrating.

sorry.

our exchange bloke is off til new year. i will mention this to him when i see him next year.
he isnt bad, he keeps fixing MS problems that microsoft say that cannot be resolved.. and then microsoft ask how it was done lol
eg, your not supposed to be able to run all different versions of exchange together on the same network talking to each other.. however he has done it.

two times this has happened: you phone microsoft to get help with a problem - they go away and try to fix- then you do the same and fix it, they call you to tell you it cannot be done!

I can't comment on specific problems your setup may have but the basics for an exchange 2007 install are that you must have at least one 64bit OS domain controller to run sysprep and the exchange server can only be installed on a 64bit OS

Back