• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weirdest thing EVER. Hopefully someone can help explain.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

I have AT&T as a cell phone carrier, and use a Sony W580i. I'm sure every has experienced it when if you have an incoming call or text message, you can hear noise through speakers. No big deal, I've gotten use to that, quite some time ago. The issue I have is with my mouse, a Logitech G5. Whenever a text message comes in, maybe even a phone call, but I don't really receive those, it's like I'm scrolling the scroll wheel down. If I'm on a web page, it'll start to scroll down the page. If I'm playing WoW, my camera will zoom out. The text message comes in, it'll stop, and I can scroll back up the webpage, or zoom my camera back in. Originally I thought it was a defect in my scroll wheel, I was getting ready to go buy a new mouse. But it just hit me now, as I was on my computer and having a text conversation with a friend, that it happens when I receive a text message. Have no idea what causes it, but it is slightly annoying. Anyone have any ideas?

Move the cell phone away from the computer and not near the mouse transmitter, as it could well be interfering with it.

RFI

RFI, Radio Frequency Interference. Cell phones put out a lot of 'noise'. Go with above suggestion.

Patient "Doctor, it hurts when I do this"

Doctor "then don't do that!"

Back