• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sager vs ibuypower vs powerpc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I own a Sager NP2090 that I bought from powernotebooks.com. It is an extremely well built machine. Sturdy, but not heavy. Stylish, but still professional looking. Check resellerratings, and you can see that powernotebooks.com stands behind the products they sell. I haven't had to take advantage of that though, as I haven't had a single problem with my laptop yet.

I was going to buy from cyberpower until I saw that they have over 300 outstanding complaints with the better business bureau, and then when I emailed to cancel my order, never heard anything back, then called to double check so I didn't have 2 charges on my credit card, I got yelled at by the sales rep. Ibuypower is part of the same company I'm pretty sure.

I tried ordering from cyberpower last year, and I had a ton of trouble with them. I had looked at their reviews on resellerratings and ignored the warnings. I ended up cancelling my order after a few weeks of disappointment. That is what drove me to build my first pc =)

And yes, I think they are affiliated with ibuypower as well. Never heard of Sager though.

You could get an OEM laptop built by Compal, ASUS, or MSI and built it to your spec if you can't find anyone with decent customer service/support.

cool thanks for the feedback guys. looks like its sager or http://www.rjtech.com/

this is probably the best deal im gonna find though :/

- Chassis Color: Silver Trim
- Display: 17" WUXGA LCD with Matte Finish Surface (1920x1200)
- Processor: 45nm Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T8100 / 3MB L2 Cache, 2.10GHz, 800MHz FSB
- Video & Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS Graphics with 512MB DDR3 Video Memory
- Operating System: Genuine MS Windows® VISTA Home Premium 32/64-Bit Edition
- Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 X 2048MB
- Primary Hard Disk Drive: 320GB 7200rpm SATA 300 Hard Drive[+$30.00]
- Optical Drive: 2X Blu-ray Reader/8X DVD±R/2.4X +DL Super-Multi Drive & Software
- Wireless Network Card: Intel Wi-Fi Link 5300AGN - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module[+$25.00]
- Bluetooth: Internal Bluetooth Module
- Primary Battery: Smart Li-ION Battery Pack
- Integrated Security Device: Fingerprint Reader
- Microsoft Office: Microsoft Office Ready with Free 60-Day Trial
- Warranty: Sager 1 Year Limited Parts and Labor Warranty with Three-Day Shipping Both Ways Paid
- Carrying Bag: Standard Carrying Bag

$1,554.00 $1,554.00
Sub-Total:$1,554.00

cool thanks for the feedback guys. looks like its sager or http://www.rjtech.com/

this is probably the best deal im gonna find though :/

- Chassis Color: Silver Trim
- Display: 17" WUXGA LCD with Matte Finish Surface (1920x1200)
- Processor: 45nm Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T8100 / 3MB L2 Cache, 2.10GHz, 800MHz FSB
- Video & Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS Graphics with 512MB DDR3 Video Memory
- Operating System: Genuine MS Windows® VISTA Home Premium 32/64-Bit Edition
- Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 X 2048MB
- Primary Hard Disk Drive: 320GB 7200rpm SATA 300 Hard Drive[+$30.00]
- Optical Drive: 2X Blu-ray Reader/8X DVD±R/2.4X +DL Super-Multi Drive & Software
- Wireless Network Card: Intel Wi-Fi Link 5300AGN - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module[+$25.00]
- Bluetooth: Internal Bluetooth Module
- Primary Battery: Smart Li-ION Battery Pack
- Integrated Security Device: Fingerprint Reader
- Microsoft Office: Microsoft Office Ready with Free 60-Day Trial
- Warranty: Sager 1 Year Limited Parts and Labor Warranty with Three-Day Shipping Both Ways Paid
- Carrying Bag: Standard Carrying Bag

$1,554.00 $1,554.00
Sub-Total:$1,554.00

how did you get that price?
I tried that on the website in your post and it was over $2,000.

Back