• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking problems with ASUS P5E3 Premium/wifi ap@n

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silentinjection

Hey all,

My specs are:
intel core 2 quad q9450 2.66ghz @3.17
cell shock DDR3 2gb(2x1bg) 1800mhz @1805
ASUS P5E3 PREMIUM/WIFI-AP @n LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX mobo
PC Power and cooling 750 watt PSU
Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000SWA Silver / Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Thermaltake V1 Max-Performance CPU Cooler with Massive 110mm
EVGA GeForce 8800GTS KO 640MB
WD raptor 75gbx2 (raid 0 array)
WD raptor 150gb
seagate barricuda 7200 rpm 500gb
WD caviar 7200rpm 320gb
LG 20x DVD burner
sony 16x dvd burner

Now that you know my computer hopefully it will better help to gauge the issues im having.

I have tried hours worth of combinations on my FSB, DRAM freq and voltages. This is what I am currently running the computer at and it is stable for a couple of hours (6 or so was the longest I had it going before BSOD):

Multiplier: 7x
FSB: 451
DRAM freq: 1805mhz
DRAM timings: 8-8-8-21
DRAM command rate: 2n
DRAM static read: disabled
DRAM dynamic write: disabled
AI Clock twister: Lighter
CPU voltage: 1.25000
GTL voltage reference 0/2: .645
GTL voltage reference 1/3: .690
PLL: 1.50
FSB termination Voltage: 1.10
DRAM voltage: 1.82
NB voltage: 1.31
NB GTL Voltage Reference: .67
CPU spread spectrum: disabled
MAX CPUID value limit: disabled
all the rest is on auto

I have tried many many different combinations of all of these settings and no matter what I get a blue screen (whether it be at 3 hours or 12). Prime95 tests on most of the attempts has lead to no errors and still BSOD. I am at a loss right now and enjoying the few hours I get when its working lol.

Also, I am using BIOS revision 505 currently. The board came with the beta drivers from march 08 and they were what I was using for 6 months until I got fed up with not being able to run my ram at its stock speed of 1800mhz ( I had it at 1622). I cannot even revert to that old bios as it says my motherboard is newer than the bios version now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

:welcome:

just wondering what is the
FSB strap to NB strap,AI transaction booster,Load Line Calibration set too?

Back