• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATITool shows artifacts first scan then none after

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jnaymie

Im trying to overclock my ASUS EN8800 GTX card and im a bit confused why the first time i run the ATITool 'scan for artifacts' it shows a lot of yellow dots or 'deltas' but if i close the 3D view window and open it again, the next scan wont find any. the only way to get it to show artifacts is to close and open the whole program again. This happens even when my card is not overclocked so Im wondering if ATITool actually knows what the hell its doing or if its just spewing out info that has no meaning.

All the scans after the first, all i get are these 2 yellow dots that always appear in the exact same spot (i think so at least, its kinda hard to pinpoint cause they are only there for half a second but they always extremely close at least). Hope that means something to somebody.

This is my first time OCing so im not really that great at it but I know this shouldnt be happening cause it makes no sense. Any help would be great or even just some tips for a guy who doesnt know much about OCing

Oh and im running vista but im using RivaTuner to do the actual OCing and ATITool to check for artifacts

Thanks

I've had some odd issues with that program. I switched over to "Furmark" (found here) and just look myself. It will get the card MUCH hotter than with ATITool and you will know when the card isn't stable (it crashes, freezes).

:welcome: to the forums!

Sweet thanks a lot man. Crysis runs so much better now which is ****ing awesome, gunna download the ultra high settings mod. hey one more question. is 99° Celsius to hot for a GPU cause thats where mine usually is when im stressing it. personally i think its pretty damn hot, 1° away from boiling water... but i thought i'd ask someone who knows more about this stuff.

Thanks for the furmark advice worked like a charm

Sweet thanks a lot man. Crysis runs so much better now which is ****ing awesome, gunna download the ultra high settings mod. hey one more question. is 99° Celsius to hot for a GPU cause thats where mine usually is when im stressing it. personally i think its pretty damn hot, 1° away from boiling water... but i thought i'd ask someone who knows more about this stuff.

Thanks for the furmark advice worked like a charm
If you are reaching those temperatures during gaming, no, that is much too hot. Can you please clarify?

Back