• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remote Controls, and not just for an HTPC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

okay curious, if one exists, my uncle got the logitech 550 remote, it looks nice and is easy to program, so it got me thinking.

Are there any remotes that could control more then just component, buit also my computer?>

i would love to get a single remote i could program to use on my

• HTPC running Ultimate
  • Sony Receiver
  • Sony LCD TV
  • Digital Cable Box

Does such a controller exist?

i have seen alot of HTPC media center remotes but i cant tell if i can use them on other components

ya but it doesnt come with an infra red sensor so i would need to get one the pc.

I have a Logitech Harmony and really like it.

If you also want to control your computer just look for a cheap MCE remote (and just use the sensor).

Keep in mind that MCE remotes don't let you control your mouse cursor. If you want to do that I know there are some third party remotes but I can't think of any current ones off the top of my head. ATi used to sell remotes that would let you control the mouse cursor IIRC.

Back