• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

catalyst 8.12's officially out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just read the release notes. and if this is true then this will put the 48++ series cards back on top i bet!
3dmark vantage=+5%
COD world at war=21%
Crysis DX10=25%
Crysis warhead DX10=single card 13%, crossfire 16%
Devil may cry 4 DX10=6%
Fallout 3=15%
Far cry 2 dx10=10% single card and 57% in crossfire
Fear DX9=6%
Hellgate:london=6% single card, 10% in crossfire.
Left 4 dead DX9=10% single card and 5% in crossfire.
Lost planet colonies DX10=10%
Prey OGL=15% in crossfire
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. clear sky=10% in crossfire
Unreal tournament 3 DX9=18% single card and 15% in crossfire.

Just read the release notes. and if this is true then this will put the 48++ series cards back on top i bet!
3dmark vantage=+5%
COD world at war=21%
Crysis DX10=25%
Crysis warhead DX10=single card 13%, crossfire 16%
Devil may cry 4 DX10=6%
Fallout 3=15%
Far cry 2 dx10=10% single card and 57% in crossfire
Fear DX9=6%
Hellgate:london=6% single card, 10% in crossfire.
Left 4 dead DX9=10% single card and 5% in crossfire.
Lost planet colonies DX10=10%
Prey OGL=15% in crossfire
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. clear sky=10% in crossfire
Unreal tournament 3 DX9=18% single card and 15% in crossfire.

And who thought numbers would be so hot?

I actually tried installing them about an hour after they were released last night...

Still can not get them to run using the quad fire 3870 X2 setup...wont setup CF...also same thing with the officals as the betas...

Installs fine and runs fine on the first reboot...but after installing and rebooting...upon the 2nd reboot screen gets real dim and the desktop just keeps refreashing every 2 seconds...had to go to safe mode to uninstall them...

Might give them a try with the 4870 X2...but I dont see the 4870 X2 hitting 18+k on vantage like the quad fires can do...

Why whats wrong with those numbers?? If the drivers work correctly then i think this will get the 4870's back on the playing field and ATI back in the game. I mean ATI's highest end card on a single GPU platform is the 4870 while NVidia has the 280's. If these drivers are right i think it may bring the 4870 past 260 specs and closer to the 280's. Maybe, I hope.

i just played crysis wars and i didnt notice an improvement, i think it may have ran worse than the last time i played it lol.

You have to take these broad sweeping driver performance numbers with a grain of salt. They don't specify the scenario under which those improvements happen nor for which cards they happen. For example, the recent NV 180.xx drivers primarily benefit memory-limited situations at higher resolutions and AA. So who knows when one might see the improvements quoted by ATi, the max amount might only be with certain cards or at certain graphics settings that's why they always say 'up to' ;) tbh I'm more interested in improvements that decrease errors than just speed improvements.

Last edited:
Is the ATI server down or something? I keep getting a error at the website when I try to download it. Any other options?

I'm getting better results with these vs. 8.10 & 8.11, my vantage score went from 9986 to 10083 with all the same settings etc. not a huge gain, but better. So far no problems with any games, only been installed for a couple hours though.

!@#$ I'm getting the same thing as with the beta drivers. Explorer doesn't seem to load properly, so I get the windows loading bar, the splash screen, then a blank screen. I enter my password, fairly easy since I'm the only user and the cursor is already in the password box, and it seems to log in since my background pops up, but no explorer, no desktop icons, no pointer, and no applications (usually xfire pops up). I hit ctrl+alt+del, screen goes blank again. AARGH.

Back