• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8.12 and 4870x2, second gpu inactive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mastrdrver

Anyone else have this problem? Moved from 8.10 without a problem and now in COD4 I get nothing on second gpu, given that gpu-z is reading right and all indications are that it is. I see the speed jump, but it just sits there unused. With 8.10 with the same settings I both cores would run right at 100% load on both according to gpu-z.

Wrong core speed reported = wrong temperatures reported. More importantly has your game performance changed, pretty sure the answer is no.

Wrong core speed reported = wrong temperatures reported. More importantly has your game performance changed, pretty sure the answer is no.

Its kicking up the core/memory speed and the temps rise slightly, but no load shown. Its hard to tell since the only game I really play is COD4 and its been a light on the server I normally play on so I havn't played a lot lately. Plus I think not have pci-2 2.0 is bottlenecking the card.

Is there any other software out there that can verify this?

Just double checked with river tuner and get no activity on second core.

Last edited:
I was thinking about it, but I don't think I'm really getting hit by any performance penalty.

Was just checking to see if I was the only one with the problem on here. I thought I saw someone mention it on the ATI board, but can't find it again.

So I didn't think I had ran with A.I. enabled, but apparently I did. Didn't realize both cores didn't run without it enabled.

Glad you found out the issue...

Best way to tell if CF is engaged is to run the Pixel test in 06...run it with one card enabled then run it with both...you should see a 80 - 100% improvement in your FPS...this is one of the easiest ways to make sure CF is actually working right...

Back