• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-X58-Extreme & V1 AX - Will work ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IOS&M

hello to you all ,

my rig setup :

GA-X58-Extreme
Core i7 920
3X1GB G.Skill PC10666
HD4870 1GB
TT 750W
CM690

Im using the Passive Cooling unit , so when I tried to install TRUE120 + 1366 Mounting kit - the whole cpu area was too tight , and I didn't like it - So I
returned the TRUE120, now looking for other cooler -

Will the V1 AX be better ? I mean "space" talking - enough space between it and the passive cooling unit ?

Thanks a lot !

with that cooler you might as well go back to stock. if you want space then get one of those tower coolers like a OCZ vendetta II or something like that

hello to you all ,

my rig setup :

GA-X58-Extreme
Core i7 920
3X1GB G.Skill PC10666
HD4870 1GB
TT 750W
CM690

Im using the Passive Cooling unit , so when I tried to install TRUE120 + 1366 Mounting kit - the whole cpu area was too tight , and I didn't like it - So I
returned the TRUE120, now looking for other cooler -

Will the V1 AX be better ? I mean "space" talking - enough space between it and the passive cooling unit ?

Thanks a lot !

Too tight? It needs to be pretty tight to work properly...

Normally you want to have it tight so you can have less pressure pockets to store heat in your system. The coolermaster v8 might be a bit big if you want 'space'. have you checked out any of those zalmans, a 9700 will definately float your boat for cooling in a matter of speaking

hey all - thanks for all the replies first of all ...

When I said "tight" - I meant - not too much space in case when installed the TRUE,
so any fan installation or anything like that became a hell ...
as for zalman , I don't like the 9700 ...
V8 is not available still where I live (outside USA ... )

Back