• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SD Card Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

Finally got myself a new Digital Camera 2 years after my last one broke but my question is I am about to buy a 4GB SD Card but are they universal? Also, will I need one of those little USB adapters or can I still just use the USB cord that came with it to get the pictures off the SD Card?

1. I think 4gb sd cards are sdhc, and you'd have to find out if the camera supports those (or else it supports only up to 2gb)

2. I know with my camera you could just use the usb cable with the camera, I think it might be the same for many.

Depends on the manufacturer, I have seen certain manufacturers use a proprietary connector on the camera side but it was still a USB cable.

Check if your camera supports SDHC, I have a found comera that will not support SDHC but my bought camera will.

No it is SD only but I figured that out and just bought a 2GB SD Sandisk card, thanks. :santa2:

Back