• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone using an XP90c on 775?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bounty29

I've got an XP90c from when I put togther my 2.4c system 4 years ago, and I want to buy the adapter from 478 to 775. I've got a Tornado on it that I can crank up when I need to.

Does anyone have experience using the XP90c on a 775 processor? Does it still perform as well as it did when it came out? It's still 1lb+ of pure copper so I'd hope so.

I'm planning on getting a E8400 and I'm curious to see if I can hit 4ghz.

I have an XP120 I was using on an E6400 with the 775 adapter. Worked really good too. Clocked @ 3.2Ghz with 1.32v loaded temps never passed 44c :)

My guess is that XP90 with that Tornado will do well.

I'm using mine on an E6750 system and it works just fine. It's very close in performance to a TRUE using a Delta 3 blade and with a Tornado (ohhhhh my ears bleed just mentioning that word) it should do even better. It's still a great choice for overclocking a dual core Intel proc.

Awesome, that's what I was hoping to hear. Definitely worth the $10 adapter I'd say. Thanks for the replies!

Back