• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M3N72-D mobo question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erebos668

Registered
I can't seem to find anything that can fix this problem so maybe you guys know. I have an Asus M3N72-D motherboard and for some reason I can't set them ram speed to what it should be with out windows freezing. I have 4 gigs (2x2gb) sticks of The ddr 2 1066 Cosair dominator Ram. It detects it at ddr2 800 and at and its bottle necked way down. Also I can't get it to do dual channel either even though they are in the dual channel slots. Here are my specs

2x8800gtxs 768mbs in SLI
650gb Maxtor Hard Drive
2x2gb ddr2 1066 cosair dominator ram - SLI Ready
600w Ocz Stealth power supply
Asus M3N72-D motherboard
AMD 64 Phenom 9950 Quad core 2.6 Black edition

Just a thought. :-/
And I assumed you had the vDIMM set manually and as suggested by Corsair.

The dual channel issue could be the ganged/unganged setting. Which are you using (not that there's much difference) ..?

Just a thought. :-/
And I assumed you had the vDIMM set manually and as suggested by Corsair.

The dual channel issue could be the ganged/unganged setting. Which are you using (not that there's much difference) ..?

not to take over this thread but do explain this ganged/unganged setting please.......:).

i have same dilly as him when i comes to dual channel mode. my motherboard has yellow/blue color slots and i thought placing in one color ment correct method but cpu-z does not report ganged or unganged. whatever they mean.
also, cpu-z ALWAYS shows my memory in slots 1&2. even if i move them around.

Well it doesn't go dual channel in either. And yes i set it manually with the timings off of the corsair website.

Unganged memory on a Phenom system is standard dual-channel mode. CPU-Z 1.44 and up reports ganged/unganged mode on the memory tab but it may go back before 1.44, IDK ...

Okay well i fixed the dual channel but any ideas on how to get the speeds right?

Have you increased the voltage to the memory since you are trying to get it higher? Here is a pic about the ganged or unganged:

5415mhz.jpg

See were it states unganged.

Back