• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark 06 HD4850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

furstin

Registered
Hello,having a problem with my palit HD 4850.I cant finish a test with 3dmark 06 without an idirect3ddevice present failed error,i googled and most people say its an overclock problem,too high etc

My hd 4850 is overclocked to 790mhz core and the memory stock 993mhz i upped the core voltage via pencil mod...Anyway,its strange it only happens on 3dmark 06,because i can run furmark for an hour without it crashing or artifacting..temps are 38c idle and about 82c max (using furmark)...should i not worry and just not bother using 3dmark 06?

Cheers

Hello,having a problem with my palit HD 4850.I cant finish a test with 3dmark 06 without an idirect3ddevice present failed error,i googled and most people say its an overclock problem,too high etc

My hd 4850 is overclocked to 790mhz core and the memory stock 993mhz i upped the core voltage via pencil mod...Anyway,its strange it only happens on 3dmark 06,because i can run furmark for an hour without it crashing or artifacting..temps are 38c idle and about 82c max (using furmark)...should i not worry and just not bother using 3dmark 06?

Cheers

Have you tried at stock? its very possible that the only application that you would notice this in is 3dmark 06.

I had to switch back to stock cooling on one of my 4850's...3DMark06 was no longer stable with as high of voltage as I was running, temps were in excess of 80+C...was getting the same crash as you. I backed off on my volt mod some and brought my clocks down and everything is fine.

Back