• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Burn-in Software, DOS Compatible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, there is such a thing. Years ago, I used to use a freeware app called "hot potato" that ran in DOS and calculated Pi until you told it to stop. I don't know if you could find it online, but I have a copy if you're interested.

Just so you know, yes you can do it but you'll probably only be able to stress one core of your CPU. (If you're using a dual/quad core processor in DOS)

Yes, there is such a thing. Years ago, I used to use a freeware app called "hot potato" that ran in DOS and calculated Pi until you told it to stop. I don't know if you could find it online, but I have a copy if you're interested.
Thanks.

I have found the Hot Potato program.

It may be found: http://files.aoaforums.com/I936-hotpotato.zip.html

It is unfortunate, however, that Hot Potato can only stress continuously no greater than 6.73792 hours.

Just so you know, yes you can do it but you'll probably only be able to stress one core of your CPU. (If you're using a dual/quad core processor in DOS)
For newer computers (2003 and newer) I may boot to a heavily customized version of Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1 on a CD-R and run Core Damage to stress the CPU.

For older computers, that methods seems to result in Core Damage crashing almost instantly on run.

I have not yet tried Prime 95 (or Prime95) on the Windows XP on CD-R.

Back