• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 8800GTS 320MB Vista overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeFessler

I am trying to overclock my video card in Windows Vista 64bit but the driver signing seems to thwart my attempts at every pass. I understand that I can flash to card to get my overclock, but I've never been a very big fan of that, maybe as a very last resort.

I know that I can turn of driver enforcement temporarily and do my overclocking but I'd have to make sure to select the option everytime my pc starts and I don't wish to do that.

I've also tried using the latest versions of RivaTuner and ATI Tool. It also seems that to CoolBits Reg hack is way to old to use on Vista.

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thank you.

The download of RT includes a signed driver for Vista (RivaTuner221Drv.rtu). When asked during the install "Do you want to install available updates for RivaTuner?", hit the Yes button... which in turn will load the signed driver, and negate having to disable driver signing.

I have 2.21 of RT and it still gives me the error. What version do I need and if possible can you tell me where to get it?

-Edit-
Nevermind. I had to extract the RivaTuner221Drv.rtu from the zip in order to get that to work. That was my issue. Thanks for the help.

Back