• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get all 4 slots to work. . .help plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FBPerformance

Registered
Hey guys,
Just got another 2GB (1gbx2) of the same Corsair Dominator ram today with the optional fan. And I can't get all four to work for the life of me. I can get the 2 to work on there own just fine, (A & A, or B & B) but not all four populated at the same time. I switched the ram to different slots and it would always boot if I had 2 in at a time, but when I went to 4 it wouldn' boot. Any ideas? more NBVolt?

Current Settings:

Multi: 9.0
FSB: 445
DRam Voltage: 2.1v
North Bridge Volt: 1.4v
FSB Strap to NB: 333mhz
DRam Freq: 1069mhz
Manual Settings: 5-5-5-15

The only difference I noticed between the 2 sets is that my original set (1 month old) reads ver4.1 and the new set reads ver5.1. I do not now what the difference is between the 2 and/or if that matters.

-Kyle

The only difference I noticed between the 2 sets is that my original set (1 month old) reads ver4.1 and the new set reads ver5.1. I do not now what the difference is between the 2 and/or if that matters.

-Kyle

When Corsair switches version numbers, they are changing IC vendors. Look here:http://ramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=57334
Different ICs frequently don't work well together because they don't use the same voltages/timings/frequencies.

So I'm screwed?

I was reading some of the postings on ramguy, and they suggested trying to turn the Dram Freq to 800mhz, that didn't have any improvement for me either.

Any other advice or am I going to have to return these?

Yea sounds like a good idea, I would like 2 slots populated instead of 4 anyways. Thanks for saving me the headache!

Back