• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i know which program is giving right temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killem2

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/ica171/temps_40ghz.jpg

I've been slowly overclocking my e8400 over the last few days. It went 3.1-3.5 ghz on stock volts. I had to up the voltage to 1.18 to get to 3.55-3.6, 1.20 for 3.65, then 1.30 for 3.7 and 3.8. I had to go to 1.4 for 3.9 and now 4.0. Each test I just ran prime for about 30 mins for a quick stability check and would move on. The 3.8 I left however for 6 hours on the "blend" test.

I'm concerned to keep it at this 3.9-.4.0 range because of all these temps it shows. How can I tell with out using external hardware to monitor temps?

What programs are the most accurate to monitor temps?

Try latest RealTemp or CoreTemp and pay attention to distance to TJMax. Keep it >20-30 and forget it.

:eek: Oh no. Looking at my screen shot I am way above 30. >_< I'll go turn it down now.

oh wait I feel dumb now just re read that it has to be great than 20-30 36 is ok.

I am a noob sorry hehe

Last edited:
Back