• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iphone with broken headphone jack

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hajalie24

Ok so I just bought a iphone cheap because the headphone jack was broken. It keeps on thinking headphones are plugged in when their not and even if i do plug in headphones sound doesnt come out. Is this all I need to fix the problem? And does anyone know good tutorials on how to open this thing up and install the jack?

id imagine that would be it... just sounds like the internal switch in the jack has gone bad

my friend just opened up his ipone and he said it wasnt super hard, im sure theres a tutorial online... google is ur friend.

Same thing happens to MacBooks (my MacBook Pro as well). Just grab different pairs of headphoens and keep plugging them in and out. You may get lucky aand have that work instead of opening it up.

thanks guys i just bought the jack, and gunlance i tried doing that and it didn't work, i think the jack just might be messed up since i cant even hear from my headphones

does anyone know where i can buy the ribbon cable with the back panel already on there? me and my dad tried installing this one and we broke a peice of it lol, but sound did come out from the iphone

Back