• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a HDTV NOW! Help Me Find One!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DohDoh

TV has died and need one PRONTO! :bang head:(:screwy::eek:

I am looking for a Samsung LCD HDTV because friends and the internet have convinced me this is the best brand for a LCD HDTV. Budget is around $1000 (give or take a few) and at least 40 inches

To be honest I am lost in the dizzying selections of LCD HDTV flat panels.

Anybody here recently purchased a Samsung? I am looking for the best bang for the buck.

In that price range shouldnt he be looking at hte 120hz 1080p sharp LCDs? Or are the sammmys still worth that premium?

IMO sammys are and the 120hz is a joke.... no dvd or db has a navtive 120hz input signal, its all 60hz. then the extra frames are faked in to make the 120hz work. 90% of the reviews online say that with the 120hz enabled action scenes get choppy. i dont know who makes sharp panels its been a while since i looked in the LCD TV's. i have a 42in sammy DLP so im happy for now... i do know sammy makes their own panels which is why i would go with them. not lotto on what panel you might get in their tv. i know there are other that make thier own LCD panels i think LG is another but i dont remember who else.

i was at a BB the other day, i saw a 50in-56in LCD 120hz HDTV from sammy for $1,999.99
it was from the TOC line and totaly worth it,imo. after owning my smaller 19in TOC computer monitor, picture is amazing. the IQ on my 19in TOC rivals that of the DLP, when comparing movie watching.

on DLP's they do a bit but the LED light engine used on that one. is suppose to offset that a bit, i dont think anyone would be that off angle to see it. i really wanted the LED DLP but couldnt get it any smaller then 50in. dude if i didnt have room, i would make room. 61in LED DLP for 1400 thats nuts! that last time i saw the 61in LED DLP at BB it was $1,600,then it was gone.

im going to hang onto my DLP as long as possible. the TV's im waiting for are going to be based on OLED's from sony or AMOLED's from samsung. sony has a OLED TV retail now in the states. the bad part is its 11in and cost $2k, i think it still that high not sure if it dropped yet. wait let me pull it up
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...SP&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&usc=abcat0100000
o snap its $2.4k, seems my memory is slipping more and more :(

Back