• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are low speed yate loons really quiet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noobert

Disabled
im think ing of 6 yl's on a mcr 320qp. will the 6 be really quiet? my current mcr220 is 40dba with 100+CFMs

quiet is a relative term.

to me the low speeds @ 12v are almost to the level i would call quiet, they become quiet at 9v, better at 7, and ALMOST silent at 5v.

They are my first choice of fan when i make a computer because you can crank em up to 12v and push a decent ammount of air, then slow em down to 5ish and have peace and quiet.

my fav undervolted fan happens to be the sanyo denki "SAN ACE" 109R1212H1011. bought about 6 off a fellow member in the classies, worth every penny imo, they were not cheap.

Yes Evil, excellent fans no doubt. But nowhere near the price/performance of the YL low as I'm sure you already know.

So you're the one who beat me to those Denkis eh? Crap. They were going to go on my MCR320 and buy a few extra to make up the 4 that sit horizontal over my bench.

im think ing of 6 yl's on a mcr 320qp. will the 6 be really quiet? my current mcr220 is 40dba with 100+CFMs

6 YL lowspeeds would be fairly quiet. Probably as much so as the 3 fullspeed YL mediums I have on my MCR320QP. It is quite tolerable, and not in anyway too loud, but certainly audible.
You could reduce the noise level of 6 fans a bit if you shrouded them. But that's an awful lot of asspain for very little improvement.

Last edited:
lol no Bad, bought these 6 from the guy that had them by the case load a long time ago in the classies. well i had something typed up but eh, it was a rant about rads and static pressure. i guess just after "hand" testing both yate and denki i have, yate at 12v denki in the 6-7v range. the denki had more static pressure then the yate. even for the higher cost i would take the denki for any rad over dual yates.

i have 6 high speed yates on my MCR320 running at 5v and you can't hear them. so low speed yates at 5v's i can't even imagine how silent they would be.

i would get med speed yates for the MCR320 so you have the option of high cfm

they are very good and well worth the money, which is little to none. (3.15 a fan)

lol no Bad, bought these 6 from the guy that had them by the case load a long time ago in the classies. well i had something typed up but eh, it was a rant about rads and static pressure. i guess just after "hand" testing both yate and denki i have, yate at 12v denki in the 6-7v range. the denki had more static pressure then the yate. even for the higher cost i would take the denki for any rad over dual yates.

Yes, the static pressure, cfm, MTBF specs, scaling and the fact that they are bearing fans IMO make them worth the money. I just choose to go with the yate mediums since the are good and cheap. I am very much looking forward to trying the denki's with my GPU loop and comparing against the YL's.

Yes, the static pressure, cfm, MTBF specs, scaling and the fact that they are bearing fans IMO make them worth the money. I just choose to go with the yate mediums since the are good and cheap. I am very much looking forward to trying the denki's with my GPU loop and comparing against the YL's.

sweet! i will be looking for that thread then... will you also be using yate-low or just yate-med? yea but the only down side to the sleeve baring is the how long it lasts. i have already had to trash 2 40mmx10mm fans from the atom boxes. they hardly ever run in the first place then started crying, yea i said it. i replaced the fans and one box got a 120mmx25mm yate-low above the board. going to see how long that one lasts before i need to replace it agian. the only spare fans i got left are 2 denkis, but i dont think the atom box needs 110CFM at 12v,LOL

Back