• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet Another Newegg Failure...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilverJag

I sent an RMA box on the 8th containing a Q6600 and a P5Q Pro; to my surprise, Newegg only processed the motherboard. I call them and ask about the cpu - they tell me they can't find it in the box.

Not only does it take them forever to inspect the box (from the 8th to today), but now I'm out of $180?

I'm worried if I ask for a replacement or refund they'll think I'm a fraud who in reality has not sent the cpu and now wants another one for free.

Sigh.... -.-

When you sent the cpu, was it insured? Do you have proof of sending it?

It wasn't insured. :cry:

What kind of a proof would classify as proof?

The only thing that I think comes close to a proof is the fact that I have an e-mail from them saying that the CPU and the mobo are listed under the RMA. That doesn't tell them anything because I could just as easily request a cpu rma and just not send it.

How did you pack the CPU? Were they in two different boxes?

Should always send 1 item per box separately and insure all of them..

someone at newegg pocketed it, i bet.

newegg got so big they don't give a **** about customers any more.

call them and tell them someone in the rma department must have stolen it.

Thanks for everybody's advice!

I packed the CPU and the mobo just as it was packed from Newegg to my house. I put those puffy things throughout the box and in the box there was the motherboard box followed by another layer of puffyness and then the cpu (which was oem) thus it was just the cpu in the little plastic cover.

I spoke to a representative via the phone and she made it very clear that they have cameras everywhere.

Thideras, thanks for that, I'll definitely talk to him.
EDIT: His PM is full. :(

Last edited:
When I send something back, I try to take pictures with a witness as I am packing the item. :)

Honestly, I never thought I'd ever have to go through that kind of trouble - I was terribly wrong. I'll have to take your advice for future RMA's and such.

Well the only thing I can think is the weight of the package. They have the box and all the packing, plus the weight of the motherboard. They put it on a scale and see if it matches the weight that USPS/UPS/Fedex said it weight. If ti doesn't then they know there was something else (cpu) in the box.

Well the only thing I can think is the weight of the package. They have the box and all the packing, plus the weight of the motherboard. They put it on a scale and see if it matches the weight that USPS/UPS/Fedex said it weight. If ti doesn't then they know there was something else (cpu) in the box.

I thought of that too, but the CPU is very, very light. Add in the puffy things into the equation and, well, I doubt they'll be able to do much about it. If worse comes to worse, I'll ask them to check for that too.

Thanks everybody

I just got an e-mail from them saying they processed the MB but not the CPU and if I have further concerns to refer to the FAQ page.

Wonderful, thank-you so much :screwy:

And it's virtually impossible to get them to give me any of Newegg's upper management contact information. :bang head

:( This is why insurance is so important on returns or any shipping for that matter. I've gotten labels from Newegg for returns before, idk what would happen if one of the items was supposedly not there I hope they include an insurance amount in it. Sucks man, I hope you get it taken care of.

:( This is why insurance is so important on returns or any shipping for that matter. I've gotten labels from Newegg for returns before, idk what would happen if one of the items was supposedly not there I hope they include an insurance amount in it. Sucks man, I hope you get it taken care of.

Thanks man

There is hope though. I just got off the phone with one of the supervisors - he said he'll talk to the returns department regarding further investigation. He also said that Newegg will file a claim with UPS (they're blaming UPS for the incident).
It is expected to hear back from the guy tomorrow. The guy seemed like he cared, which is a plus, but that doesn't put 180 dollars back in my pocket.

Honestly, I'm just sick of waiting - I'll keep you guys updated.

Did you order it with a credit card?

Cheesecake Factory really messed with me one time and charged me twice for one meal. I told them to refund it immediately before I get hit with an over-draft charge. (I was broke at the time)

They didn't do it. I had my bank do a charge back and my bank even refunded the amount I was over-drafted.

When all else fails, do a charge back. Charge backs really hurt the company doing the charging, but really you're being put in a negative situation. A Catch 22 really. They send you an RMA sticker for shipping, you ship it out and if the product is missing, you're screwed or you didn't send it, accused of fraud. You ship it out insured, it doesn't get there, you have to file a claim or something, wait weeks.

Why do consumers have to go to these lengths to get their service? It shouldn't be "ignorant" to not have evidence of what you do.

Thanks for everybody's comments and support - It has been greatly appreciated.

Final update:

I'm looking at my order status right now and I'm seeing that a Q6600 has been "charged" (it wasn't actually) with 1 day FedEx shipping for $0.00. :)

Thank god it's finally resolved.

Happy holidays everybody :santa::santa2:

I'm glad this got resolved. I hate situations like that where if you rightfully complain and insist, they will think you were trying to pull a fast one. I've RMA'd things before and never done anything with pictures or insurance, but in the future I definitely will after reading this thread.

Back