• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trigem delhi III drivers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HavsCritiria

Registered
i recently found a socket 7 trigem delhi III and I want to mess around with it and see how high i can overclock it and do stuff on it. now my issue is that i have a blank hard drive and no restore cd I was wondering if there was anyway i could install the drivers without the restore cd?

I assume this is what you're asking for regarding drivers. You can find the drivers for the following at their respective websites...

Chipset... VIA (VIA Apollo MVP3 VT82C598MVP Chipset)
Video... ATI (ATI Rage-3D Iic built-in AGP graphics accelerator)
Sound... Crystal (Crystal CS4235 built-in Sound Blaster Pro)

No, what I want to know is how I would be able to get the computer running an operating system without a restore Cd? As far as I know you need a restore Cd to install the drivers so that the operating system can be used. In my case I have no operating system installed so I can't install any drivers off the internet so how would I install the drivers so I could use an OS?

How do you get your computer running an OS without a restore CD? If you don't have the restore disk that came w/ the PC that the board was originally installed in, then you'll need to purchase an OS. And you don't need the restore disk for drivers, which is why I pointed you to the driver sites, so that you can download the drivers and then install them after the OS is installed.

so what your saying is that i can just place windows XP in the Cd drive and it'll load up? if so awesome and thanks!!! I will try that if it doesn't work i will be back!!! :santa:

thanks again.

i've had a change of heart and decided to go with linux. I'm a linux neophyte so which one should i use gentoo or ubuntu?

thanks!!!

Ubuntu, it's a lot easier. However, a current Linux distro really likes RAM. You should have 256MB RAM or more to use X with gnome or kde. xfce or fluxbox can get by with less but still not recommended with less than 256MB unless you know your way around Linux well.

are there any significant differences between the distros? If i was to install damn small would i be compromising any features?

well i tried out DSL and puppy from a cd boot. both had the same features both are just stripped of extra's to keep it light and fast on older boxes.done quote me on this but i think they use older kernels that are smaller to keep things quick. i never got much into linux, as i tried out a few but i always had to work to get things going. not my bag anymore, i use to be a Dos kiddie way back.

I've been doing resaerch on dsl and i've noticed that people run dsl off flash drives and cds. is it possible to install linux directly on your hd and not have to use a cd or flash drive? sorry if my questions seem ridiculous.

yea you can, there is a install command for DSL and PUPPY but i dont know what it is. i think it is in the wiki FAQ for those distro's or its in the readme file...

Back