• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

42" shell shocker at Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
.. has 4 hdmi inputs

NewEgg Spec Sheet said:
Connectors
2 HDMI Inputs

Component video Inputs​

S-video Inputs​

Composite Inputs​

PC Inputs​

SPDIF Outputs​

:shrug:

EDIT - there are 4, wonder why the spec sheet would say 2. Is this one of those deals where you have 4 ports, but you can only use 2 at a time?

Looks nearly identical to our 42" LG, and it's an awesome TV...

Upon closer inspection, there's a few differences in connection locations/types, so it's not a rebadge.

Not to rip on the deal, but for a few hundred more you could get a quality much better HDTV. Also mind you prices will be cut again come Jan/Feb FYI.

Generic brand ftl. I'd avoid like the plague.

Yes thats why I bought one not working on Craigs list for 100.00 bucks. spent $80 more fixing it and a few hours.
Now I have a 32 Inch LCD that I game on.

If your going to buy new stay away from off brands. If your willing to spend your time and a little money get a broke used one.

I've done that too, Hank. I bought a "broken" 22" lcd that I knew just had a bad backlight. So for a total of $85 and a few hours modding, I got a functional TV. Now it works with LED lights so it is even better than new.

Yes thats why I bought one not working on Craigs list for 100.00 bucks. spent $80 more fixing it and a few hours.
Now I have a 32 Inch LCD that I game on.

If your going to buy new stay away from off brands. If your willing to spend your time and a little money get a broke used one.

I've done that too, Hank. I bought a "broken" 22" lcd that I knew just had a bad backlight. So for a total of $85 and a few hours modding, I got a functional TV. Now it works with LED lights so it is even better than new.

That's awesome guys!

Do you guys have any links to instructions on how to do this, and where to get parts? Can you change any backlight to LEDs?

i gave it a go...

this is going to be my WoW box's monitor
replacing a 22"

going to have to rearrange the room to get far enough back from this beast

not as if the deal will (is) still be there, but ill update in a week or so

That's awesome guys!

Do you guys have any links to instructions on how to do this, and where to get parts? Can you change any backlight to LEDs?

Mine was a few blown caps (bout 5-7 of em just replaced with some over kill) on the power supple. They did not look blown but they where staying open.

If you find one thats broken do some reading and prepare to learn a lot.

Back lights are common and cake to do.

just got it setup tonight :santa:

pict0201do4.jpg

lol ya i KNEW i should have removed it from the pic...

cant empty it and play WoW @ the same time :p

Come on man, you need to get yourself a wife!!!!!

No....Not a wife to clean after you. A wife to tell you clean up your own mess :santa:

Back