• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a Bluetooth fix for HP laptop users

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

alright i know some of you guys out there have HPs like my self and might have tried using bluetooth only to have repeated HID DATA stop errors shot at you in 3's over and over again and then it just doesent work right.

well after much poking arround i found a fix online that worked but i also figured out a simpler way to do it. before it was renaming/deleting/moving 3 files and i have got it down to just renaming one.

first off let me say i am using a DV4 1028US with out bulit in bluetooth, for bluetooth i am using a Anycom USB-500 2.1 + EDR adaptor. youd plug in the adaptor and all hell would breakloose telling you that HID DATA has stopped responding in 3's for me.

heres how i fixed it.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons
^i went here, it should be the same under vista 64 bit, if your having the same problem in a non 64bit windows take out (x86) but at the same time the fix may not work for you.

any way find a EXE called, you guessed it, hiddata.exe.
rename it, i just renamed it hiddata.exeold incase i need it in the future.

restart, plug the bluetooth back in and then it should be fine.

if you have this problem and you try it and it works lemme know i have tried bluetooth on other older HP laptops with quicklaunch buttons and it doesent give me this error but i also think at the same time they were 32 bit versions of vista

its probally reccomended that if your going to update the wuick launch software that you re-rename the file back to the way it was and unplug your bluetooth untill it gets updated, and then try and see if the future update has fixed the problem.

at the time of posting the most up yo date version of the quick lauinch software has not fixed the bluetooth problem

Back