• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compact T Line with cap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben333

Folding for Team 32!
Found this for $0.99 at autozone, looks like a nice way to use a T in a small case or if you just don't want a tail coming off your T with a cap at the end.

tcap01.jpg

tcap02.jpg

tcap03.jpg

Heres how I'll be using mine:
tcap04.jpg

The only problem I can think of is that this doesn't hold a lot of extra water so it probably only works well at the top of your loop.

I don't think it would work myself. It doesn't hold enough water to do anything with. You would continuously have air being entrained into the loop with that, IMO.

yeah, looks a little small for my liking, as said above it could have issues.

i would only use it as a drain since its so short. it should work if its the highest point in the loop.

i'm guessing thats 1/2" OD barbs?

lol. there goes my grammar again.

it was 2 thoughts.
1. it would work good as a drain, at the lowest point.
2. it may work good as a fill port at the highest point.

:)):)

I actually think it might work but only just barely. You'd have to fill it to just about the brim while it was running (post bleeding) and use teflon tape or RTV silicone around the threads to keep it leak free when the pump isn't on.

I actually think it might work but only just barely. You'd have to fill it to just about the brim while it was running (post bleeding) and use teflon tape or RTV silicone around the threads to keep it leak free when the pump isn't on.

i think it would be fine the way it is because its meant to handle the temps and pressures that cars produce in there cooling system. at least i would think so...

Yeah, that is a flush T for a car radiator system. I remember installing one of those on my old Mazda 323 in the heater core line to flush the cooling system out with. I got it in some cooling flush kit back then.

A PVC adapter might help. It would add a little more volume to the res without making it overly big. If that's 5/8" thread then a 5/8x3/4" adapter and PVC cap or plug would do the job.

Paint it all black if you prefer ... :)

Yeah, I believe the connector on this is garden hose style but that would be awesome if I could extend it an inch. I'll have to see if I can find something to fit it next time I'm at the hardware store.

just go out and buy a garden hose fitting, like the picture below, and you can hook up extra tubing, then unscrew it once its filled properly.

pic_L199_1012.jpg

love that garden hose idea, you might also try a plastic female to female and get a coke bottle on the other end, for the ghetto effect.

Back