• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 2k audio issues.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
ok guys i have a pc for my media purposes mixing music, watching videos ect ect. ok so fresh install of win 2k professional yesterday. so heres my issue i need to have 2 line in and 2 channels out. my mobo has a cmedia chipset audio 5.1 system and i can only seem to get it to ouput sound to the line out even if i enable the rear out with the software or in sound and multi media. ok second issue i have a 2nd sound card installed which also operates on the same cmedia chipset. and no matter how i change the windows settings i cannot get anything to output to it nor to receive signal from the line in port on said sound card. i have tried uninstalling the second sound card twice and reinstalling it. device manager does not indicate a hardware conflict and both are listed as working properly. Any ideas how i can work this issue out?

Back