• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Rainless E8400 P5Q Pro 3600 Stock Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Does CoreTemp not work with P45 or the E0 stepping of the E8400? I swear... no matter how I stress the CPU the temp does NOT change.

Anyway... Take a look at what the motherboard says the temp is:

SuperPi1ME84003600stockcooler.jpg

That's with 1.2v CPU .63x and 1.52

Everything else stock.

Oh... and that's the Intel cooler.

12c. (It's RIDICULOUSLY cold here...)

I'm thinking of pushing it to see how far I can go on the stock cooler... but right now my hands are so numb I can only finishing typing this and retreat to the bedroom. (Boiler in my building is out.)

You probably have stuck sensors...known bug with some E0's. Judging from the difference between the two, I'd bet Core 1's sensor is stuck.

You probably have stuck sensors...known bug with some E0's. Judging from the difference between the two, I'd bet Core 1's sensor is stuck.

I dunno... Neither one of them MOVE in coretemp though... no matter what I'm running. The temp changes in the AI thingy though...

Off to the bedroom... too damned cold in here.

RETREAT!

easy way to find out is stick thru max safe voltage and still run it at 3.6ghz 1.4volts will make it run over 40c no questions

easy way to find out is stick thru max safe voltage and still run it at 3.6ghz 1.4volts will make it run over 40c no questions

Downloaded RealTemp. But we're WELL below the minimum safe temperature for me to go back in the living room (and I've got two space heaters in there!)

I'll test out that (then maybe the voltage thing) tomorrow.

What's the highest clock anybody's got on the E8400 with the stock cooler?

Well the sensors are sure as hell stuck now. Not even Ai ran read them (and it was working fine last night.)

I think the living room is sub-zero now.

If only it wasn't so cold in there... I could try to hit 4ghz!

Anyway... wasn't the E0 stepping supposed to FIX all the bugs? What's with this "stuck sensor" bs?

The 12C reading in AI is Tcase (on-die), and the temp's as read by CoreTemp (Core #0 and Core #2 - 35C and 25C respectively) are Tj / Tjunction.

One thing you can almost guarantee...if you have high end air or water perhaps, no more than 1.45vcore with your CPU upwards towards 4.5ghz...you shouldn't be any higher than 60C tops. That is all pending ambient and fan setup of course but, decent CFM...maybe 60 to 80, 70F room, you should be good. Sucks you got a E0 with a bad sensor man, these things fly. I can post 4.8 with high voltage for benching on mine, nearly 2ghz over stock!

One thing you can almost guarantee...if you have high end air or water perhaps, no more than 1.45vcore with your CPU upwards towards 4.5ghz...you shouldn't be any higher than 60C tops. That is all pending ambient and fan setup of course but, decent CFM...maybe 60 to 80, 70F room, you should be good. Sucks you got a E0 with a bad sensor man, these things fly. I can post 4.8 with high voltage for benching on mine, nearly 2ghz over stock!

What's your VID?

Can you get an RMA?

Got it from Microcenter less than a month ago... I could really just take it back. Don't know if I'm willing to go through the trouble though. Anybody think it's worth it?

What's your VID?

1.250 - I got mine from MicroCenter as well, right when they were first confirmed to be E0's.

cpu.jpg

Mine is 1.175

...I'll keep mine :D

The hell with the sensor.

Attachments

• e8400 vid.JPG
    e8400 vid.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 376
I'll also keep the theory that lower vid chips run hotter :p - good luck OC'ing, I wanna see 4.5 out of your chip!

Back