• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Diamond Radeon 4870X2 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steponz

I just bought the Gigabyte EX58-Extreme motherboard with the Core I7 920..
Corsair Dominator 6gb 1600 memory.
I have a Corsair HX1000W power supply...

I can play any game with ai turned off.... Which keeps the 2nd core off...
But when I turn on ai, advanced or standard... I either bluescreen or the game just bails out to windows. Tried lowering the clocks... and still nothing helps... I am at my wits end with this thing...

I am running Vista x64 SP1 and 2 X Velociraptors in Raid0

Haven't started oc'in yet... Wanted to get everything stable... Thinking I might have to RMA the card...

Does anybody have the 4670x2 working when playing Crysis Warhead? or FarCry2? These are two of the games that bomb...

I have tried the newest .12 .11 and .10 drivers... Also downloaded the original Diamond drivers and there newest version of the .12 driver.. Nothing works... Also I use drivesweeper....

Any help is appreciated......

Thanks,

Joe

Sounds like a compatiability problem with these particular games. Are they supported on Vista X64?

Anybody with a 4870x2 got crysis warhead to work with AI turned on??

Just wondering if I have a bad card...

Joe

Running warhead fine. I was getting some flickering in farcry and havn't tried it since launch week. Maybe a bum card like sandyduff said. You may want to return it and swap it out for another or another brand.

No problems here with my current card. First one died randomly and was RMA'd by Diamond. Running those games fine on a Vista 64 SP1 system.

Back