• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Some Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

undwiz

I need a bit of help here , I just got a ASRock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi Motherboard.

The Cpu is very Very close to the ram and the stock CPU heatsink (9950BE125W) comes very close to my OCZ reaper RAM ,

I need a CPU fan/heatsink that will fit next to the ram, I have all 4 slots filled. and would never not fill the first slot.

I think the Zalman 9700 will fit ,, using my measuring tape, but I want to spend a bit less on a XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm , but what ever I need to do I will buy it.

my CPU is running at idle 47%c and prime95 load at 66%c and that is not good. I even used ES5 and no help at all.

this heat is really no good at stock cpu speed,

also what is better then ES5 ? I want a thermal paste that need no 200 hours to work right.

anyways ,, My main question is what will fit in my motherboard without losing a ram slot ?

if this helps ,, From center of CPU heatsink clip I have just over 2 inches to the ram

Also , lets say I wanted a Water Cooling system that could cool my cpu and GPU what would I buy ??

Cpu = 9950 BE AMD

GPU msi geforce 260 GTX

I really don;t care about extra cooling for my GPU since it runs just fine, I just want my CPU to run cool ,, but if it dont cost much more for the GPU then what the heck ,,

well went with a zalman 9500 instead of a 9700, im sure 9500 will fit-- thanks for the help guys, great forum

Back