• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my C2D E8500 cpu and had a question on it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bryce

So, I just got my new C2D E8500 @ 3.0ghz stock cpu and had a question on it. If I use the stock cooler with it how far could I push it in an OC?

So, I just got my new C2D E8500 @ 3.0ghz stock cpu and had a question on it. If I use the stock cooler with it how far could I push it in an OC?

I've got my E8400 @ 3.6ghz stock... Not willing to go much further than that for 24/7 (although, since it's FREEZING outside, I may do 4ghz just to get the screen shot :D )

My bad E8400....

Oh, I run my rig 24/7 so I guess I'll need a better heatsink then :( I was hoping to get a high OC and screenshot it for once.

Any recommendations to simple, but nice heatsinks I should get? I don't want one where I gotta remove the mobo again (what a ***** to install for me :( )

Bryce said:
If I use the stock cooler with it how far could I push it in an OC?
It's impossible to say... it depends on what the VID of your chip is, whether it's a C0 or E0 stepping, how much Vcc you apply to it, cooling, etc. Using either CoreTemp or RealTemp, you want to try and keep the Distance to TJMax at about 30C or higher.

I guess I'll just get Vista 64 installed and get those apps and see the details of it before I start to OC. I'll post it here when it's up and running and see if y'all can't help OC it XD.

Back