• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista and folder icons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Is it just me or do they randomly change size and view? Like one day they are small and list and the other they are HUGE... I always set them the way I like but after a while they reset... Anyone else have this?

Under Vista you'll notice the wording is slightly different, as compared to XP: "You can apply the view (such as Details or Icons) that you are using for this folder to all folders OF THIS TYPE." 'Type' referring to the available templates: 'All Items', 'Documents', 'Pictures & Videos', 'Music Icons', 'Music Details', and 'Contacts'.

So you need to use 'Apply to Folders' once for EACH TYPE. You don't need to seek out each type of folder, instead just cycle any normal folder through the various templates (except for Contacts, only available in Contacts), and use 'Apply to Folders' after each view is set the way you want. You might also want to check out this tutorial...

How to Reset Windows Explorer Folder View Settings to Make Vista Remember
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70819-windows-explorer-folder-view-settings.html

Back