• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nintendo Sued over AC Adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigglish

Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance has leveled a lawsuit against Nintendo, claiming that the company is to blame for a 2007 fire that damaged a home in Kentucky, reports GamePolitics.

Liberty Mutual's suit claims that the DS' AC adapter "was defective in design" and cites a recall on the adapters conducted by Nintendo itself as proof of their claims.

The suit seeks $236,304 to cover the compensation the insurance company awarded the Kentucky homeowner for "substantial" fire damage.

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/12/19/nintendo-sued-236k-over-faulty-ds-adapter

i have not herd of this site before but its pretty cool.

i think thats pretty lame, its all dependant on when the house burnt down, when the recall happened, and weither or not the owner registered their DS when they got a new one.

nintendo is VERY good about letting people know about recalls and such, like for my wii i got a mailer card with the information on where to order the thicker wii straps for the controller and the condoms that came out later because well people were being stupid and were beaning one another with the controller as well as killing tv's

but nintendo can only let people know directly when they register their items.
the whole 'registering with them lets them send me junk mail' isnt true because aside from that i havent recived any un-solicited mail from them and i have registered my wii a game boy color and a game boy advance through them

anything to make someone else pay for one's own stupity! the American way, screw up but blame someone else!

Back