• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The APEVIA X-Cruiser Black case,its confusing for me,need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Computer Techs

Registered
ok so im thinking of getting a APEVIA X-Cruiser Black case for my ASUS P5QL PRO Motherboard but the case specs are not confusing execpt for one,
here are the specs:(the one with the confused face is the one im confused with,

Model No. ATXB8KLW-BK or ATXB8KLW-BK/420 (w/ 420w psu)
Case Material Metal
Color Black Body/Black Front Panel
Main Board Standard ATX / Baby AT / Micro ATX
Window Yes
Power Supply ATX 420W power supply (optional)
Power Supply Spec. AC INPUT 115V/230V - 60/50Hz
DC OUTPUT +3.3V +5V +12V -12V -5V +5VSB
420W Max
Combined
Watts 28A 40A 18A 1.0A 1.0A 3.0A
420W

Power Supply Connectors 1 x 20/24pin Main Power
1 x 12V (P4)
4 x Peripheral
2 x Floppy
Drive Space 4x5.25" / 2x3.5" / 4x3.5" (hidden)
Motherboard Size up to 11" x 12" :confused:
Expansion Slots 7
Front Panel Switch Power / Reset
Front Access Ports 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x Firewire
Cooling Fan Space Up to 4 x case fans:
2 x 80mm fan - front (optioanl)
1 x 80mm UV blue LED fan - top (included)
1 x 80mm UV blue LED fan - rear (included)
Front Thermometer 1 x LCD Temperature Display
Front Fan Controller 1 x Fan Speed Controller (controls up to 5 fans)
Led Display Power / HDD
Shipping Weight 17 lbs (w/o power supply), 20 lbs (w/ 420w power supply)
Dimensions(DxWxH) 19" x 7.75" x 16.85"
Cu'ft 2.36'

notice the specs have a Motherboard Size up to 11" x 12" ,THATS THE ONLY CASE IVE SEEN THAT HAS THAT,the other cases i thought look cool DIDNT have a Motherboard Size spec,so what does Motherboard Size mean?

P.S. the ASUS P5QL PRO has a ATX Form Factor and the case CAN have standard ATX(ATX)MicroATX(mATX)and baby AT.so doesnt the ATX size/spec ONLY matter?

Case:ATX/mATX/baby ATX compatible
Mobo:ATX FORM FACTOR(Standard ATX;ATX)

so the ATX is the same but what about the Motherboard Size spec?

P.S.S.The mobo size spec is Motherboard Size up to 11" x 12"

I'm pretty sure the X-Qpack doesn't accept full ATX motherboards. As it looks on newegg, and from using them personally, I'm pretty sure an ATX board will not fit in there

well will a Thermaltake Soprano Black support that board?the mobo specs are Motherboards:Micro ATX , Standard ATX
heres the link for the specs:****://www.googlebb.magicmicro.com/description.asp?iid=1032

I'd recommend anything except anything made by Apevia, they look nice but the quality is pure sh*t, I ordered 2 of the X-Navigators about a year ago and within 1 month both front panel covers were busted off with normal use and 1 PSU went up in smoke and the other just quit working and after taking it apart the metal covers over 4 of the caps were missing.

Back