• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fullscreen Output - Secondary Display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Insthink

In the CLASSIC nvidia control panel, if you connect a secondary display, you get an extra option for Full Screen Video.

Basically, when you play a video, the second monitor/TV will display the video in fullscreen.

I love this option since I only use my television as secondary display. I setup my display in "Clone" mode and just play videos.

overlayxz5.jpg

This option isn't visible/existing in the new nvidia drivers (new control panel)
My new computer is TOO new to use the old nvidia drivers. So Im stuck always using my old laptop for this option.

Is there a way to activate this option in the registry? Or to restore the classic nvidia control panel and gain that option while using recent nvidia driver?
I'd like to

So, are you saying if you play a movie on the second monitor with the new drivers, it won't stay in fullscreen mode?

So, are you saying if you play a movie on the second monitor with the new drivers, it won't stay in fullscreen mode?

No, I simply don't have the option as seen in the picture anymore.

On the older drivers, that option would make it that whatever you play in overlay, would AUTOMATICALLY appear in fullscreen on your secondary display. At the same time, the video would be in windowed mode on my main display.

With the new drivers, that option doesn't exist. So I got to drag the video window to the second screen, and then fullsize the window.

Back