• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Corsair the best right now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost2501

I am looking to get a larger powersupply I have a ocz 520w powerstream. It worked with my gtx260 fine but I am looking ahead and I see Corsair has really stepped up last year.

I guess I am looking for a supply that will handle what a new system will throw at it probably 2 gtx 260 max.

What is the actual best corsair supply sub 1000w? other than that I was looking towards my usual ocz or a silverstone as i might get one of their cases.

the next one down from the HX-1000 is the TX-750. 750w of lovely power.
EDIT: acutally, a new TX-850 just came out. that would be perfect for your (maybe) 260 SLI build.

other than Corsair, I also like Antec a lot. their lower end PSUs aren't much compared to their higher end PSUs. the TPQ and Signature series are at the top of my list. TPQ comes in 850 and 1000w while the Signature series come in 650 and 850w.

No it is not.

Like what richard said, the Antec signature series are great.

enermax revolution 1050w, 85+ eff unit is great too. Not to forget out good old PC and power cooling turbo cool 850 PSU.

The 3 PSUs I've mentioned above are the best, or one of the best.

No it is not.

Like what richard said, the Antec signature series are great.

enermax revolution 1050w, 85+ eff unit is great too. Not to forget out good old PC and power cooling turbo cool 850 PSU.

The 3 PSUs I've mentioned above are the best, or one of the best.
According to Oklahomawolf the TX850 is one of the best 850 PSU out also

Last edited:
One of the best at that price, anyway. It can't compete with the Signature 850W, but really it isn't meant to.

One of the best at that price, anyway. It can't compete with the Signature 850W, but really it isn't meant to.

OW,

One of the better features of your reviews, if one reads them closely from start to finish, is that many that don't receive "The Seal" are still very good power supplies and should not be discarded out of hand.

What some may not realize is that many of the same test units can be found later in the Classifieds at great prices. With that, along with some of your normal "tweaks" and improvements (loose heat sink screws fixed :D), they are better than when they were originally made.

If I had needed something big, and after your review, that Corsair 850 that Gig bought would have been gone the first day without question. :thup:

PS: We still like the incendiary power supply reviews too.....:clap:

How is the corsair 650w? Thinking of not buying the 750w since its $20 more, and I'm only going to be running an OC'd 920 w. an OC'd GTX 260...

What some may not realize is that many of the same test units can be found later in the Classifieds at great prices. With that, along with some of your normal "tweaks" and improvements (loose heat sink screws fixed :D), they are better than when they were originally made.

If they make it far enough to get into the classifieds - stuff like the Signature 650W sample was sold before I even had the chance to list it :D

Those two big Ikoniks aren't going to be in the classifieds forever, either ;)

If they make it far enough to get into the classifieds - stuff like the Signature 650W sample was sold before I even had the chance to list it :D

Those two big Ikoniks aren't going to be in the classifieds forever, either ;)
Yeah if i would have had the loot i would have take one of the Ikoniks and then grabbed a third GTX260:santa:I wonder if the TX850 can handle 3 regular GTX260's?

actually, I don't see a point in buying the best built PSU in the market. Mainly because the 2nd best, like corsair and BFG-ES, are good enough for us. The only reason to buy such high grade PSUs is probably for servers and workstations where uptime is crucial.

So it sounds as I suspected pretty much all the New OCZ power supplies are lacking. I have an older powerstream that is built pretty tough. I can adjust all the rails under load with my voltmeter to two decimal places.

What is a nice silverstone supply for one gtx 260?

So it sounds as I suspected pretty much all the New OCZ power supplies are lacking. I have an older powerstream that is built pretty tough. I can adjust all the rails under load with my voltmeter to two decimal places.

What is a nice silverstone supply for one gtx 260?

http://www.silverstonetek.com/

Silverstone ST56ZF or any of the ZF industrial grade models, modular Decathlon models if that's your thing.

is the Signature series that good? when they were released, they seemed like the GOD of PSUs, eg. build quality, parts quality etc...never knew it was actually that good though lol.

Back