• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guide to Skt478 HSF on Skt775 M/B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jolly-Swagman

Jolly Swagman's mods and Guides

Guide for Mounting Skt478 HSF on Skt775 M/B

Today I,m going to show you how you can still use some Skt478 HSF Coolers on a Skt775 Motherboard, Using a Thermalright LGA775 RM,
And the ZalmanCNPS7000B-cu HSF Cooler

Compatibility Information: The LGA775 RM is designed to use with Thermalright XP-120, SI-120 and XP-90 heatsinks
only. It's not compatible with our old P4 models SLK-947U/-900U or SP-94
I also found it to be compatible for use with the ZalmanCNPS7000B-cu

775rm.jpg

Once you have the above Retention Modual you will see that there are Four parts to it
(1) The 2 x Retention Brackets
(2) The Back Plate with the sticky square pad
(3) The Plastic X insulator
(4) The Mounting Screws

1s.jpg

Note: Do not remove white protective paper/peel
As it will be easier to remove, this bracket if you ever wish to transfer to another M/b

Put the metal backplate with the X insulator at back of motherboard and align the four holes with the ones on the motherboard.

3s.jpg

Insert screws through the backplate and the motherboard.

1s.jpg

Then put the Mounting bar through the slots in each of the Retention Brackets
Note : you may find that they are tight to get through I had to File the bars slightly to correctly fit !!
Then Mount to the Back Plate with the screws provided

DSC_0269.jpg

Closer View
Note : When using the Zalman-CNPS7000B-cu Cooler and above 775-RM Bracket you must have at least 10mm Clearance from CPU PWM area

DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

Now you can put your AS-5 Thermal Paste (or which ever you use) on the CPU then Mount ZalmanCNPS7000B-cu HSF on the Mounting bars as seen below

DSC_0272.jpg

Now we have just to Plug the fan into the CPU Fan header and we have a fully functional Skt478 Cooler now Mounted on our Skt 775 Motherboard.

Hope this will be useful to you as it was for Me!!

Jolly Swagman

Last edited:
nice little guide. i have that same cooler but i just bought the bracket that zalman makes for the cooler to adapt it to my 775 setup. in the end it couldnt even keep up wit my e2200 at stock speeds for some reason.

Back