• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosewill RNX-N4 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robrules18

So I got a Rosewill RNX-N4PS router for Christmas and was setting it up today and noticed a problem. I forwarded the port I use for utorrent, but whenever I try and download a torrent it kills my connection.

The torrents download around 50kb/s, which is slower than on my old router and they will drop to zero every two minutes. If I am running utorrent internet connectivity is sketchy at best, and close to none. Ventrilo, firefox, even the configuration site for the router are all unresponsive. I can't figure out what the cause is. I tried setting myself as a static IP on the LAN and then making myself DMZ. I've tried forwarding different ports. I tried setting the QoS to make utorrent traffic low priority, but it didn't seem to help.

The only options I have left are turning the NAT firewall off completely and looking around in utorrent to see if some setting there is causing a problem.

I used to use an old D-link g router and I tried to make the settings as close to that one as I could, but for some reason this router doesn't like torrents. If anyone has any ideas or experience with this or any Rosewill routers I would love some help. Thanks.

EDIT:

It seems to be doing it randomly now too. The internet connection will seemingly die. I can still be on AIM and IRC talking, but all webpages timeout. I don't know what is going on, there's nothing taxing on my network right now. I think there are two computers running and nothing other than webpages and chat programs are on either of them at the moment. Can this router really be that slow that it can't handle this traffic?

Last edited:
So I got a Rosewill RNX-N4PS router for Christmas and was setting it up today and noticed a problem. I forwarded the port I use for utorrent, but whenever I try and download a torrent it kills my connection.

The torrents download around 50kb/s, which is slower than on my old router and they will drop to zero every two minutes. If I am running utorrent internet connectivity is sketchy at best, and close to none. Ventrilo, firefox, even the configuration site for the router are all unresponsive. I can't figure out what the cause is. I tried setting myself as a static IP on the LAN and then making myself DMZ. I've tried forwarding different ports. I tried setting the QoS to make utorrent traffic low priority, but it didn't seem to help.

The only options I have left are turning the NAT firewall off completely and looking around in utorrent to see if some setting there is causing a problem.

I used to use an old D-link g router and I tried to make the settings as close to that one as I could, but for some reason this router doesn't like torrents. If anyone has any ideas or experience with this or any Rosewill routers I would love some help. Thanks.

EDIT:

It seems to be doing it randomly now too. The internet connection will seemingly die. I can still be on AIM and IRC talking, but all webpages timeout. I don't know what is going on, there's nothing taxing on my network right now. I think there are two computers running and nothing other than webpages and chat programs are on either of them at the moment. Can this router really be that slow that it can't handle this traffic?

Have you checked any logs that the router generated, if any to see if stuff was being blocked?

Back